Search This Blog

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Welcome Back Melinda!



Math is Fun!
I was so happy when one of my colleagues returned from being out for back surgery. My fellow co-teacher, Melinda Castaño, had to be out two weeks for back surgery from one of her car accidents. I put together this cork board to welcome her back. This was a plain cork board I found at an estate sale, and wanted to jazz up. I bought some rulers back in the summer, when they were super cheap, from Staples. I glued the rulers around the board with E6000 glue. My husband used his saw to cut two of the rulers to size. The "Math is Fun" banner was made using some pennants I found at Hobby Lobby and silver stickers. I used buttons and glue dots to make them stick because I didn't want to mess with string. I also used the E6000 glue to attach push pins to some decorative clothespins that I bought at Hobby Lobby. The post-it I grabbed from the Target Dollar spot. The folders and envelopes, I bought at Michaels and used push pins to attach them. I thought the cork board still looked kind of boring, so I attached some of my many washi tapes to make it a little more interesting. (I really need to stop buying washi tape!) Needless to say, she loved it! I am happy to have her back at school, so we can do great work together.  


No comments:

Post a Comment