Search This Blog

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Lighted Christmas block

Deco Bloc and Krylon Frosted Glass Spray

2 coats of frosted glass spray.

Cut the image using my Silhouette Cameo.



Added some double sided tape to the top for the bow.

Frosted Glass Block with bow

On Black Friday, I bought some Deco Blocks from the Home Depot to decorate for Christmas. You can also get them at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. I had some old white lights that we were getting rid of so I used them inside the block. In my first attempt of decorating the block, I used some Christmas stickers. The stickers didn't show up well because the lights were so bright. On my second attempt, I used Krylon frosted spray paint on the outside of the block. I gave the block two coats. I used my Silhouette cutter and ultra gold vinyl from Expressions vinyl. For the image, I found it at the Silhouette Online store. I added a bow at the top to dress it up.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks - I was looking for something that might be easier than etching cream, I did not even think about Krylon!

    ReplyDelete